Sunday, November 6, 2011

Music and College

College brings me a lot of stress along with a fair amount of joy. All of the work that I get from each of my classes is breathetaking in a sense of agony. I have so much homework for English Composition 131 and half the time I dont even understand what it is about. Maybe Im over exaggerating just a tiny bit. I know what the assignments are about but it is so much work to do as well as the workload in my other classes. Plus I have to manage the time with work and football practice which takes up a lot of time. That is the reason why it is a must that I listen to music either between assignments or while Im doing them. The majority of the music I listen to is Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa. They arent the only two I listen to, I listen to Tyga, Drake, Big Sean, Kanye West, etc. There are plenty more artists that it might take up the entire blog. The music sends a certain message to my brain telling me to relax and calm down. It helps me get over things that I might be thinking too juch about. If Im having problems in the classroom or on the football field, I can always turn to the lyrics of my favorite artists. Some people might argue that the people that I listen are not good musicians but I think way differently from them. Everybody likes different poeple and  if I happe to like someone that my close friends heavily dispises thn so be it. A lot of people like the same artists but that is besides the fact. The entire reason I listen to music is because...I guess you can say sooths me. In some wierd way music keeps me going while at the same time calming me. It is one of my loves and as a matter of fact Im listening to music right now as Im typing this. It is what is keeping me from stopping this blog right this second. Sometimes on the way to class I bust out my headphones and jam out just so I can have a little freedom before my hour or hour and a half class. Even if I decide to take a nap during the day between classes, Ill put some Chris Brown on at low volume and just fall asleep. In some way it puts me to sleep faster but I always seem to find myself singing along quietly with the song. Atleast it works for me and Im going to continue to do so as long as Im in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment