Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

I really enjoyed my time off from school and all of the time I spent with my family. The break was great becuase one, I finally got to eat all the home-cooked food I possibly could during that one week and two, I had no classes. Being home really made me not miss school. I didnt even want to come back or go to class but I know that couldnt be a reality. My mom made the best food and my family and I had the most fun possible. Being back in my dorm makes me really miss my home more and more every minute. It feels totally different from home becuase at home I have a nice comfortable couch that I can relax on instead of sitting in this hard chair all the time. My bed feels completely different than the one in Somerset. I could sleep all day at home but here I have too get up and do stuff that has to be done for no apparent reason. What really made me mad was the fact that I was given homework over the break. You mean to tell me that a teacher "coincedentally" gave us homework the same time as Thanksgiving. Even though I did it, I was kind of upset that I still had to do it. It was rediculous and unnecessary during the holidays. I guess in order to pass it was the right thing to do. Now that Im done with all my work and waiting for more to come my way, all I can do now is relax and go with the flow of the Texas Lutheran ways. The ways of which I do not like at all but sense I go here I have to live with it. I know that Im not the only one that feels the way I do about this entire situation. My friends have told me how they felt about their classes and the work that was assigned to them. I couldnt agree more with them and so we kind of laughed about it. I think that if our professors gave less work period, the students wouldnt be as stressed as they are now and have been throughout the whole first semester. But overall Thanksgiving break was a blast and I cant wait to go back home and enjoy time with my family and friends all over again. Next time Im going to have more fun than I did last time becuase my friends and I have already discussed this. From here on out I have to survive what TLU sends my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment