Sunday, November 13, 2011

Now that Football is over...

I can say that football season was a fun experience as a freshman in college. The atmosphere is completely different than high school. The players are bigger and more mature so they dont mess around as much. There are some times whenn things go completely serious. Mot likely when coach gets upset at the team for not performing the task correctly. Overall I had a blast picking apart our starting defense in practice. My favorite parts were making the defensive backs look stupid. Now that the season is over, two varsity defensive backs have already told me that I should play corner next year. I didnt kow what to say but ask why? They told me because I was fast and physical. Sense recievers have to be able to withstand the brutality of the corners, Ive learned to return the favor and being physical with them. They dont really like that we are physical so they always try to throw us down but it never works. I'll admit that there are a few corners that can play some football but its nothing I havent been through before. On the plus side about the season ending, I have all the time in the world to finally focus on my school work and not have to worry about practice. I would get so fatigued after practice. Soreness and tiredness took affect on my body. I wouldnt want to do anything but I tried my best to get it done. Im currently failing one of my courses but now that the season in is over I feel that the grade will progress to a passing status. I get an average of eight hours of sleep a night but yet I find myself feeling as if I just got out of practice. It takes tole on my body. All of this time that I have off is going to help me get back into the rythm of a regular sleep schedule. I can get my work done early and sleep really good to where I wake up refreshed. Im going to miss football for the rest of this season but I can still work out and run or catch some footballs on my own time whenever I get the chance. My goals are to be starting next year but for now academics is on my mind. Im trying to make my family proud and give myself a little bit of self fulfillment. I dont want to have to worry about failing anymore. Im tired of it. School is the only thing Im putting my mind to now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment