Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Camp

On move in day, I was surprised at how small the room was. In my mind I was thinking that it was going to be difficult. Once I got everything settled in and I looked at it, it actually wasnt that bad. My roommate and I were already liking the college life. Even though we have been here for only a couple of hours. The very next day we had to get up at six in the morning to eat our mandatory breakfast. All of the football players had to do the same thing and everybody's face was filled with anger. I was mad that I had to get up that early. Not only did we have to get up that morning but every other morning for two weeks. It was tough trying to do it but we had to because we could not be late without being punished. The punishment here is terrible and the coaches do not take it easy on you. Im almost positive that if you did the punishment you would puke for a while. Maybe Im over exagerating but it is pretty bad. I almost threw up and all I did was rolls. The thing about rolls are that you get super dizzy and once you get up you dont know which way to walk. I really did almost throw up but I never did. I was scraed that I was at any second. One day after practice we had to do boot camp and there were four drills. On the first drill I had busted my eye open because someone else ran into me with his head. At first I thought that I was fine because my hand had no blood on it when I touched the gash. As soon as I put my hand back on it for the second time. I was thinking to myself that it was the same gash I had gotten senior year while playing basketball. It was a foolish mistake but oh well. Anyway, I had to miss the rest of fall camp because due to the injury, I got a minor concussion. My head was hurting every day for the remainder of camp. I was upset because in my mind I though I could be on varsity but I ended up playing on the OV. I guess the main point would that fall camp was boring for me. Everyone else was getting better while I was getting weaker and out of shape. Once I came back I had a hard time running because I was out of breath and I got winded very easily. Thats just part of football here at TLU.

No comments:

Post a Comment