Thursday, October 20, 2011

Study Hall

As we go each week preparing for a new opponent, we go every tuesday and thursday to study hall preparing for our classes. Some people may think that football players get treated differently. That a false accusation. Football players have it harder than regular students because we have to go to practice while everyone else has free time to do their work. We, the football players have to have time managament on lockdown because ther is a lot of work to be done. If we dont get our work done, there s a chance that we might be inelligible and wont get to play in the upcoming game. Study hall really helps me out for the fact that it gives me a chance to really focus on what Im doing. Who ever it may be that is watching us makes sure that it stays quiet. The silence helps me out even more because with distraction I get off task and dont get the majority of my work done. Some students take study hall as a joke and it kind of upsets me because they get out of hand. Once they do that it disrupts me and I dont do so much. The person watching us punishes the entire study hall group for one person misbehaving. He will either add more time to the session or not let us have our music on. I dont really listen to music sense its a distraction to me but others do. Plus, whoever gets in trouble gets mad at the person watching us. It makes no sense to get mad, your the one causing yourself to get in trouble. While they are mad Im catching up on something I might have missed or just getting ahead. I try to sit some place where I have a little bit of space around me so people wont try to talk to me that often. Sometimes I might still be in the middle of doing something important but then we are released to go home. At that moment I want study hall to go longer because if I continue the same work in my room I will most likely stay behind on it. Study hall is a great thing to go to when you need to get work done and the main part is to keep up my GPA so I can maintain my financial aid and scholarship. If my GPA drops below a certain point them I would be in big trouble. I really want to keep my grades high and make my family and I proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment