Sunday, September 4, 2011

Reaction to College

During the summer I was excited about the college life. my expecatations were like every other incoming freshman. Easy classes, parties, girls. I pictured that every single day. My hopes were way to high. When I first moved in to the dorm rooms I thought it wasnt bad. Then for the next two weeks I had to get up at six in the morning. Football practice at about eight. I didnt like it already but I love football. So I thought to myself that I can do this because there is no other option. Made it through fall camp and then all of sudden classes came around. My schedule isnt bad at all. Nice and spaced out times. I could live with this. Got to find out who my teachers were and I was fine with them. As I went to all my classes for the first time, I could already tell that my workload was going to be a good amount. I had no other option but to do it or my grades would drop and I would lose my financial aid. Nobody wants that to happen to them. As the next week went by I kind of got used to doing work everyday of the week. Most specifically reading. So much reading for every class but theres nothing to it but to do it.  Compared to High School, this is no joke. High School was more like a free-day every single day. Ive had more homework here already than I had all of my senior year. I guess I wasnt prepared enough. Im smart enough to make it through but I dont want to just make it through, I want to be a top student so I must try my best everyday. All of my teachers love what they do and get into there job. Sometimes I think they go crazy but its just what they do to teach. It doesnt bother me at all, it keeps me entertained to make it through the day. My ealiest class starts at nine in the morning so Im pretty happy about that. In High School my first class was at seven twenty. quite a difference when it comes to sleeping. Thats just on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday my classes start at ten thirty. I wake up at about nine thirty on those days and about eight thirty on the other days. I would say that my total reaction to College is surprised and shocked. Living on my own is one the big changes. I have to get used to it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment