Sunday, September 11, 2011

Dorm Life

Dorm life compared to home has its differences and its similarities. For one, living with a roommate is quite a difference. It has its perks but sometimes he/she may get under your skin. That happens to me all the time. My roommate takes forever and never has anything of his own so he has to borrow my stuff. it gets on my nerves. i know its not a big deal but its just the way i am. first off he acts like he has no respect for my stuff. not even his own. i try to help him out but he just doesnt follow through. Its not like i hate him i mean hes pretty much my bestfriend but i dont think i can get use to the way he is. I came in here with no idea on how his habits were. Ill fight it out though because im not gonna move out and put forth all of the unnecesarry work. Another difference is that i dont have a mom here to clean up after me like usual. Im not saying i dont clean up and all that good stuff because i do. Im just not use to doing it all the time. Im not afraid to admit that i really do miss my mom i just dont ever show it. People call me mean mug because i walk around campus with a straight face all the time. I knida like that nick name cuz it shows that people recognize who i am. Also getting up on you own is not as easy as it sounds. I actually slept through the first class of the day because i slept through my alarm. I was upset and was worried about what i missed. i was praying that it wasnt something bug like a project or a pop quiz. i didnt know what to expect. Thankfully my classmates filled me in on the class i missed. wasnt anything big but still, its an absence. Some similarities is that the room comes equipt with a closet, beds, and a sink. These are a must when it comes to living on your own in college. Even though you have a roommate, you cant always depend on them. They might do something you would never expect them to do in a million years. Its not a bad experience over all but at first i got kind of homesick. then after a while i got used to it so its normal for me now. i just come back to my room and lay down or do my homework that i have too much of. thats dorm life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment